Superman Returns


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




















I didn't know how much I missed Superman.

He was every child's hero. When I was 5, I dreamt of flying, tied a towel around my neck and jumped from my table. It was a failure attempt to fly, and I ended up with a visit to the doctor, two broken tooth, and a bump at the back of my head (which happens to be still around). You can touch to check. :)

Even as grown ups, there is a child in every one of us. I starred wide-eyed as Superman first appeared on the screen. Brandon Routh really fitted both Christopher Reeve's suit and shoes well.

Superman is back after missing for five years. The world is chaotic, and Lex Luthor (Kevin Spacey) is planning to rule the world. His love Lois Lane (Kate Brosworth) has moved on, engaged to Richard White (James Marsden) and even has a child.

With all the conflicts, expect a softer Superman where we see his human side. Bryan Singer brings along a visual spectacular along with emotional complexity as he did with X-Men.

Superman Returns has its flaws. Brosworth and Marsden are the weakest links, as they are not commanding as much screen presence as they should. At 154 minutes, it feels 34 minutes too long, but it is still a visual treat.

By the way, I still fondly remember Maureen McGovern's "Can you read my mind?" Can you?

Superman Returns – Welcome Back Superman



0 Responses to “Superman Returns”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links